If you own your home, we offer several types of policies
that might fit your needs. We give you the option to choose the
coverages you want and help you tailor them to give you maximum
protection for your insurance dollar. Coverage to protect your property
may be provided on a replacement cost basis (the amount required
to repair or rebuild your home with similar materials) or an actual
cash value basis (the amount required to repair or replace your
home minus any depreciation). Homesite's homeowners policies include
the following protections:
- Dwelling coverage up to the limits you choose to purchase.
- Coverage for your personal property up to the limits you choose
- Coverage for structures in addition to your primary dwelling
(such as storage sheds, boathouses, and pools).
- Coverage for loss of use (reimbursing you for expenses for
loss of use of your home caused by named perils).
- Medical expenses (paying up to $1,000 per person if someone
is injured on your property).
- Liability exposures (protecting you against certain risks up
to $100,000 per accident for bodily injury or property damage).
- Higher limits of liability and medical expense coverages are
available for a small charge.
Policyholders may also purchase additional coverage
for valuable personal property such as jewelry, watches and furs.
Coverage for collectibles worth over $1,000 including musical instruments,
cameras, computers and other equipment may be specfically scheduled.
Items over $2,500 will require an appraisal.
Additional coverages are available for property such
as personal computer equipment, business property, jewelry, bicycles,
"Consider getting a written
appraisal included in your policy to ensure you receive full
value in case of loss."
"Many collectors consider
purchasing additional coverage because it is the only way
to guarantee full replacement of their valuables if stolen."